Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

2 point per serving Turkey and Vegetable soup

So I played around with my weight watchers recipe builder last night and am in the process of making a HUGE pot of this. To appease Matt and the kids I am going to make a pot of egg noodles tonight. Then I can scoop a little bit of noodles into their bowls and ladle the soup on top. For me, my soup will be noodle-less or I am roasting a spaghetti squash right now. I may put some of that in as my noodles.



Put 1 tbsp oil in bottom of stock pot

Dice 2 cups carrots, 1 whole green pepper, 1 whole onion, 3-4 stalks celery and cook in large stock pot to soften slightly.

add 1 can corn and one package frozen broccoli florets.

Then pour in Homemade Turkey Stock skimmed of all fat (I think I had about 15 cups but added some water to it to bring it up so the stock pot was 3/4 full)



Bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes. Add 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning and pepper to taste.



Add 2 cups cut up cooked skinless turkey meat can use a combination of light and dark meat and 3 chopped hard boiled eggs.



Simmer until turkey and eggs are heated through. Serve



YUM!



And my house smells WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment