Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Cheaters Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my family's favorite recipes, it is so simple to make too. One of my tricks is to make two Roasted chickens on a Sunday. We eat one half of one for dinner that night with all the side dishes we normally have. Then I use the rest of the meat for recipes the rest of the week. I even cook the carcasses with vegetables and water to make a delicious stock for making Chicken Corn Soup (that recipe will be posted another day). Other recipes I make with the leftover chicken are Chicken tacos, chicken enchiladas, and chicken salad. I buy my chicken's on sale. It's a great way to make a dollar stretch and feed my family of 6!

This is 8 points per serving when I used the recipe builder on Weight Watchers dot com. One serving is enough for me and I usually have cranberry sauce with it.

One pound cooked chicken
one bag frozen mixed vegetables (I usually get the one with lima beans, carrots, corn, green beans, peas)
one can cream of celery soup
one can fat free evaporated milk

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix the above together in a large bowl and pour into the bottom of a 9x11 glass baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

2 packages of butter flavored crescent rolls.

Take crescent rolls out of packages and lay across the top of the chicken and vegetable mixture. Make sure the rolls touch the edge of the dish to seal. Put back in oven and bake 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden and cooked through. Take out of oven. Let sit for 10 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment